The Student News Site of Darien High School

Neirad

Breaking News
  • April 23Juniors - Blue Wave Anchor Application due 4/26
  • March 31Sophmores - Sign up for the Practice ACT on 4/7
  • March 11Seniors - Internship applications due 3/18
  • March 11Grab some friends and attend the Spring Bonfire on 3/22!
  • January 17Check out scholarships - they're not just for seniors
  • December 4Read New Stories Below ‼‼
  • December 1Follow Student Government on Insta!! @dhs.studentgov

Neirad

Neirad

Graduates throw their caps in the air as they prepare to move onto their next stage in life
Class of 2024: The Survivors
Katie Koslow, Pop Culture Editor • May 1, 2024
The mural painting class is available to juniors and seniors who have taken Drawing and Painting 3 and received teacher approval. Before painting the mural students must get the design and location approved with administration.
Music Notes, Statues and a Cow?
Katie Galligan, Journalist • April 14, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Would you buy coffee from the cafeteria if they sold it?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Jack Harlow’s Worst Performance Yet

2023 Thanksgiving Halftime Show
Louisville rapper Jack Harlow takes the Igloo and performs his new smash hit “Lovin on Me” along with a couple other songs during his six minute 2023 Thanksgiving Game Halftime show.

During the 2023 Thanksgiving football game where the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers went head to head, Jack Harlow gave us a halftime performance unlike any before. The home team was losing by a considerable margin by halftime in Ford Field, and Harlow’s show was the cherry on top for many football fans.

The night before his performance, Harlow allegedly left mid-rehearsal, causing almost all of his back-up dancers to not be featured in the performance as they could not practice without Harlow’s placement. Not only did Harlow have a lack of back-up dancers, he also did not care to employ an interpreter either for deaf listeners. The man lurking behind Harlow also did not seem to know the words to “Tyler Herro,” another off-putting component of this show.

Source: TikTok account @sportstvz

While viewers at home had a slightly better view, fans in Ford Field witnessing this performance live noted that Harlow was only performing to the cameras on an inflated igloo set that also gained much backlash. The audio for the artist’s six minute set was badly mixed, causing the instrumentals to be significantly louder than his vocals.

Many NFL and Jack Harlow fans took to the internet to express their disdain. With comments and tweets such as “Jack Harlow’s halftime performance set looked like it was from Frozen” and “the budget for his show was $49.99.” The criticism didn’t stop there: others compared his performance to Dolly Parton’s halftime show, and how even she outperformed him at age 77.

On Jack Harlow’s Twitter account, NFL fans ambushed him by responding to his tweet with comments such as “Next time you get a halftime invite, can you decline?” and “you single handedly ruined my Thanksgiving.”

Others claim that this is an intentional ploy for Harlow to gain more recognition in the music industry, regardless if the exposure is positive or negative.