The Student News Site of Darien High School

Neirad

Breaking News
  • April 23Juniors - Blue Wave Anchor Application due 4/26
  • March 31Sophmores - Sign up for the Practice ACT on 4/7
  • March 11Seniors - Internship applications due 3/18
  • March 11Grab some friends and attend the Spring Bonfire on 3/22!
  • January 17Check out scholarships - they're not just for seniors
  • December 4Read New Stories Below ‼‼
  • December 1Follow Student Government on Insta!! @dhs.studentgov

Neirad

Neirad

The mural painting class is available to juniors and seniors who have taken Drawing and Painting 3 and received teacher approval. Before painting the mural students must get the design and location approved with administration.
Music Notes, Statues and a Cow?
Katie Galligan, Journalist • April 14, 2024
Poll

This poll has ended.

Would you buy coffee from the cafeteria if they sold it?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

6 of DHS’ Favorite Things to Do Over Break!

From skiing to sleeping, DHS students are determined to make the most of their holidays
Senior Chloe Bortel making the most of her break with her favorite winter sport: skiing! That genuine smile has probably never been seen by her math teachers.

As the first semester of the school year climaxes in early midterms, cold winds, and college admissions decisions, DHS’ students are desperate for holiday break. With the same dedication that they apply to their academics and extracurriculars, DHS’ students are equally determined to make the most of their time off during the holidays.

1. Baking

Senior Remi Repsher says that her favorite part of holiday break is sharing “homemade Christmas treats with [her] family by the fire.”

2. Skiing

Senior Chloe Bortel, a dedicated ballerina at the Darien Arts Center’s Dance Academy, takes a break from her pointe shoes to partake in a different type of sport. When asked what her favorite thing to do over break was, Bortel excitedly said “skiing!”

3. Go into the city

Mackenzie Maier, a DHS senior, says that she loves when “[her] family and [her] go to see the Christmas light show in Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.”

4. Spoil your pets

Senior Ashley Clarke’s cat takes a snooze among her cozy winter blankets.

Senior Ashley Clarke says she loves to “pet [her] cat” during the holidays.

Maier suggests the financial benefits to people’s love of their pets when paired with Darienites’ proclivity for vacationing, saying that she enjoys feeding “people’s pets for money” over the holidays.

Cozy winter socks are a must for any students hoping to catch up on sleep.

5. Spend time with friends and family

Senior Rachel Greca says that her “favorite thing to do over Christmas break is to go on adventures with friends because [she loves] spending time with them and being able to take full advantage of the free time!” Clarke agrees with Greca, only leaving her beloved cats to “spend time with family.”

6. Sleep

When asked what she will do over holiday break, Junior Lindy Mueller simply said “sleep.