The Student News Site of Darien High School

Neirad

Breaking News
  • April 23Juniors - Blue Wave Anchor Application due 4/26
  • March 31Sophmores - Sign up for the Practice ACT on 4/7
  • March 11Seniors - Internship applications due 3/18
  • March 11Grab some friends and attend the Spring Bonfire on 3/22!
  • January 17Check out scholarships - they're not just for seniors
  • December 4Read New Stories Below ‼‼
  • December 1Follow Student Government on Insta!! @dhs.studentgov

Neirad

Neirad

Poll

This poll has ended.

Would you buy coffee from the cafeteria if they sold it?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

10 Movies To Watch This Holiday Season

Bring back the holiday joy we seek every December into your home with these films!

Once again, the inevitable is upon us…the holiday season. Cold weather, family gatherings, decorations and lights, songs, and movies are all becoming the center of attention for families all over. Holiday movies in particular bring people together every year to experience the same stories and unlock the “holiday spirit” that our favorite fictional characters spend an entire film trying to find. We save these films on CDs and take them out only for the holidays, make cookies, wrap ourselves in blankets, and watch as the sun sets earlier every day counting down to the winter solstice. Since there are so many movies to choose from, in so many styles of production and so many holiday seasons in between them, here are ten holiday and winter movie ideas to kickstart the most wonderful time of the year!

Elf Movie Poster! (Warner Brothers)

1. Elf 

Elf celebrates its 20th birthday this year! Recreating scenes like the Central Park snowball fight could be a fun way to experience New York during the holidays since it’s conveniently located near Darien.

2. Rudolph

I am still scared of the abominable snowman. 

3. Home Alone

Feeling a little naughty this season? Home Alone is the perfect film to compliment that…don’t take Kevin’s pranks too seriously though. Stay safe!

Frozen (2013) Movie Poster! (Disney)

4. Frozen 

Frozen celebrates an unexpected winter season as well as its 10th birthday is this year! Host a sing-along party with all of your best friends, go ice skating, or go on a hike (maybe not up the North Mountain) to activate your inner winter princess. Beware of feral wolves in the woods.

5. Charlie Brown Christmas

Settle down and get to work finishing all your assignments and studying for last minute tests that teachers will cram in the last few days before holiday break with Charlie Brown Christmas!

6. Miracle On Ice

Experience togetherness and unity this season with the true story of the 1980 Olympic victory for the US hockey team in Lake Placid, NY.

7. The Grinch

Who’s the Christmas Grinch in your life? Sit down with them and watch Dr Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas and show them some love this holiday season!

Frosty The Snowman Movie Poster! (CBS)

8. Polar Express 

If you haven’t watched this movie since your childhood, now is your chance to experience the slightly creepy yet nostalgic animated film that is The Polar Express! 

9. Frosty the Snowman

Prepare to have this song stuck in your head for the rest of winter…whether you watch this movie or not. 

10. Die Hard

John McClane looked up to the sky in search of Santa’s sleigh, but instead saw a helicopter outside of the office building he was trapped inside, fighting for his life. Merry Christmas!