New Ways to Better Yourself as a Person

Do You Wish to Improve as a Person? Here’s How.

October 22, 2021

The Truth that is Within You:

I would like to first start and thank my interviewers for their inputs and willingness to embrace inner change. I trust that this article will reach the right audience, and find its way to those who are ready for inner transformation. Along with that, let’s begin.

With a new year just around the corner, people are turning to self-care now more than ever. This page covers a wide range of stages, including self-reflection, self-improvement, and self-growth. There are activities you do in your day-to-day life that will either improve or negatively damage those topics in some way. When you’re focusing on yourself as an individual, you start to realize these categories become a priority. It’s crucial to remember that healing isn’t a linear process. 

Drawing of a mirror
Illustrated picture of a Mirror (Caroline Cirillo).

Freeing Yourself from Your Mind and Surrender:

Self-reflection is an important aspect of bettering yourself. You begin to recall events from the past, comparing what you wished would happen with what occurred. Grieving about the past is normal, and it can even outweigh the benefits of self-reflection. Instead of being upset about something that didn’t work out in your favor, you take it as another lesson. Adjust your attitude. Change how you see things. Look for the good in all situations. Take the lesson and find new opportunities to grow.

Here are some tasks that will greatly assist you in your self-reflection process. Purchase a journal and write down three things you are grateful for every morning. Additionally, answer prompts, such as, If I could talk to my five-year-old self, the one thing I would say is… what are the two moments I’ll never forget in my life are . . . (Describe them in great detail, and what makes them so unforgettable), make a list of 15 things that make you smile. Ask yourself questions, am I holding on to something I need to let go of? Am I taking anything for granted? Am I letting matters that are out of my control stress me out? This instantly improves your awareness, and mood, it allows you to realize your strengths and weaknesses, and what you need to work on as an individual.

The Higher Good and Beyond: 

Inspirational Words
A image with a variety of motivational phrases (Caroline Cirillo).

“During the process of practicing self-improvement, it’s important to be mindful of the amount of work you take on as a student. Students need to keep in mind that they should have a nice balance of academic, extra-curricular, and social activities. Another recommendation I have for students/individuals is goal setting. Goal setting is a great way to become more productive and accomplish things” said by Guidance Counselor, Mr. Power. Additionally, senior at Darien High School, Margaret Walter claims that,  “One way to maintain your stress level is to be organized, plan events in your calendar, and take one or two days off work if necessary. The little things like listening to music, working out, or deciding a full day to eat healthy foods can go a long way.” When you’re going through this stage in your life, you start to understand how important it is to treat yourself well. You develop a drive to learn new abilities and pursue new interests. You gain strength in the face of adversity and begin to overcome fears and reduce your complaints.  How to be the Best Version of Yourself | Raquel Caballero | TEDxKlagenfurt – This Ted Talk explains why it’s critical to reinvent yourself, how to become more aware of your surroundings, how to deal with life’s detours and failures. This can therefore assist in the development of emotional intelligence and help you begin to accept loneliness in the face of it all. Another resource that can assist you on your path to greatness is – The Health Formula  – this is the formula for living your healthiest and best life.  

Acceptance of the Now:

Flowers
A flowers growth is shown in this drawing. Representing the significance of maturity and development in a person (Caroline Cirillo).

This is self-growth. This is the point at which you recognize you’re making progress towards a better life. You’ve outgrown your old self, and are taking steps that will benefit you now and in the future.  “I try to ensure that our children learn from our mistakes. When it’s appropriate, we encourage them to express emotion. Giving them a release that will benefit them in the long run,” my parents explained. Your outlook on life has shifted, and you no longer maintain the same habitats you did before embarking on this journey. You’re now recognizing that rejection is  merely a redirection.

Look beyond the Words:

Inspirational Quote
Inspirational Quote (Caroline Cirillo).

When you’re getting yourself together, it gets lonely, and you’ll face obstacles and setbacks, but choose growth over the company. Every day is a chance to improve your behavior and your decisions. Life is like a book. You can’t skip chapters. You have to read every line, you have to meet every character. You won’t enjoy all of it. Some chapters will make you cry for weeks. You will read things you don’t want to read, you will have moments where you don’t want the pages to end. Don’t be afraid of new beginnings, new people, new surroundings, new energy, and new challenges. Life is a test. You may come across problems you cannot solve. Life changes. People change. You lose pieces of yourself that you never imagined would be gone. And then, without realizing it, these pieces come back. No matter how many detours or delays we encounter in our lives we will always be led to where we are supposed to be. Take the risk and don’t let the unknown stop you from progressing. Do something that your future self will thank you for. It is never too late to better yourself as a person; it all begins with you.