School Board Announces Final Exams to be Worth 50% of Semester Grade

by Miraal Maqsood

Yes, you read that right. Administration has been debating this topic for almost two years. They have come to a decision about final exams: They are now going to be worth 50% of the semester grade now, making the quarter grades each worth 25% of the grade.

While this may be helpful for students struggling in school with day-to-day assignments, it now means that almost all the hard work students have been putting in is boiled down to a single test. If students don’t do well on the final exam, the entire semester grade will be brought down significantly. On the other hand, if you haven’t done well all quarter, you still have a chance to bring your grade up significantly. 

Admin decided to make the final exam worth more because of the level of difficulty of classes. Students have been complaining about how hard it is to juggle classes, homework, sports, and extracurriculars. Because it is so hard for students to manage all that, Admin decided to decrease the worth of the quarter and increase the worth of the final exam to balance it out. 

Admin will also make the final exams harder because they are worth more now. The end of third quarter is near, which means the semester exams will be in a couple months so better get studying!